Seven Tips on How to Prepare for a Storm
Although hurricane season is coming to an end in November, we wanted to remind you of the tips on how to prepare for a storm, as you never know when a storm may hit!
Hurricanes pose the greatest threat to life and property of all natural disasters – bringing powerful winds, dangerous storm surges, inland flooding and tornadoes, according to the NOAA: National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration.
With Disasters Expo USA offering a plethora of power supplies, disaster relief containers and educational knowledge from our line-up of experts, you can be sure to find everything you need to prepare for the next hurricane.Join us on March 6-7 in Miami and register today! https://shorturl.at/hoHPR
1. Monitor local radio and TV for updates. The path of the storm could change quickly and unexpectedly.
2. Hunker down and take shelter.
3. Communicate with friends and family.
4. Keep away from windows. Close storm shutters; flying glass from broken windows could injure you.
5. Prepare for power outages. Turn your refrigerator or freezer to the coldest setting, and open only when necessary. If you lose power, food will last longer.
6. Storm surges pose a great threat to safety and can cut off potential evacuation routes. If you’re told to evacuate, don’t wait.
7. Avoid driving through flooded areas. Almost half of flash flooding deaths occur in vehicles.